Who covers insurance for Work Based Learning opportunities?

Do I need insurance to host an opportunity?

The Department of Labor requires work opportunity providers to have Workers’ Compensation Insurance and a Safety Plan.

What about for Internships?

Students participating in paid internships receive the same coverage as paid employees under the Workers’ Compensation Insurance policy of the hosting employer.

What about for unpaid opportunities?

Students participating in an unpaid role (job shadow, internship, etc.) will be covered by most school districts through work-based learning insurance. Employers can ask a Coordinator for a copy of their Certificate of Insurance.

In order for this coverage to be in effect, hosting employers must be in good standing with the NH DOL. This requires employers to have proof of Workers’ Compensation Insurance and a Safety Plan on file if their company has 15 or more employees.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us